Did someone say SALTED CARAMEL BLISS BALLS…
These salted caramel bliss balls involved a few #kitchenfails before I could share the recipe with you. Which is why I know you will LOVE these!
Like really love these!
Recipe creating is definitely not straight forward and simple, and it almost ALWAYS involves some sort of epic fail (like my cupcake fail – I give you permission to laugh!). One of the most rewarding parts of being a food blogger is when you totally nail a recipe after multiple disasters.
Salted caramel would have to be one of my favourite flavour combos. But unfortunately regular salted caramel combos are usually super UNHEALTHY. We can’t have that! These salted caramel bliss balls are healthy, refined sugar free, dairy free and just as delicious as the real-deal salted caramel.
And they are pretty simple to make (because don’t you hate it when you find a recipe and you don’t have any of the ingredients!). On that note, I use pink himalayan salt in pretty much all of my recipes because of it’s health properties (specifically, that it contains trace minerals that aren’t usually found in table salt). If you don’t have himalayan salt you can use regular table salt, however, next time you are at the shops consider purchasing a healthier salt for your pantry.
- ½ cup pitted dates, soaked in boiling water for 15 minutes and drained
- ¼ cup raw mixed nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts etc)
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ¼ tsp pink himalayan salt
- Desiccated coconut for rolling
- Add the nuts to a food processor and process until the nuts are a rough texture;
- Add the dates, almond meal and salt and blend until the mixture starts to ball (stick together) inside the food processor. The mixture should stick together if pressed but not be sticky. If you find the mixture is too sticky add more almond meal and pulse until combined;
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out heaped teaspoon amounts of the mixture and roll using clean hands into a ball;
- Roll through desiccated coconut.
- Store in the fridge.
*Double or triple the recipe for parties, entertaining or gifting.
My son loves these salted caramel bliss balls and I love that he is getting a healthy dose of plant-based protein (nuts) and a sweet treat without refined sugar. They make great toddler bribery too! You know, the “do this and you can have a salted caramel bliss ball” type of bribery! I’ve never seen such a motivated kid!
Are you a busy mum struggling to balance your weight? Feel like weight issues are taking over your life? Do you know what feels amazing? Not thinking about your weight, EVER! Work with me for six weeks to balance your weight for good.
Learn more here: http://hernourished.com/her-nourished-6-week-program/
Or email me direct: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a fan of salted caramel?