When you are an (ex) sugar addict like me you are constantly searching for delicious sugar free sweet treats. And these sugar free strawberries and cream gummies are GOOD. I’m talking seriously good.
Creamy and sweet and totally healthy, these sugar free gummies tick all the right boxes. Plus, they contain gelatine which is great for digestive health. While these aren’t vegan friendly, you can definitely switch the gelatine to a vegan-friendly alternative and get the same healthy results.
I’ve tried out a few gummy recipes but to the (ex) sugar addicts well-trained tastebuds they just didn’t cut it. These, however, totally taste like ‘real’ gummies. And because they contain coconut milk which is naturally high in (healthy) fat, they also have the added benefit of satisfying your cravings for longer. BONUS.
You can grab the Walden Farms strawberry sauce from Flush Fitness (here).
Sugar free strawberries and cream gummies
- 165ml coconut milk (organic preferable)
- 35ml water
- 1 tsp granulated stevia
- 1 tbsp Walden Farms sugar free strawberry sauce (sub 1 tbsp pureed and strained strawberries)
- 1 tbsp gelatine/vegetarian Jel-it-in
- On the stove, add the coconut milk and water to a pot and bring to a gentle boil;
- As soon as the mixture starts boiling, reduce to a simmer and add the gelatine. Stir until dissolved and remove the pot from the heat. Separate 1/3 of the mixture into a separate bowl and set aside;
- To the remaining 2/3 of the mixture, add the stevia and stir until dissolved. Pour the mixture into silicone moulds, noting to only pour 2/3 the way up into the mould and place in the freezer for approximately 20 minutes;
- Add to the separate bowl the tbsp strawberry sauce and stir until combined;
- Remove the gummies from the freezer and pour the remaining strawberry mixture on top of the gummies until the top of each mould is reached. Place in the fridge to set.
- Once set, gently remove each gummy from it's mould and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Once made these strawberries and cream gummies will store in the fridge for about 5 days (they probably won’t last that long anyway, let’s be honest).
Make these as a super sweet gift for valentines day, or enjoy them any time. My son absolutely LOVED them too!