I’ve had a few questions about how I make my zoats (zucchini oats), including what equipment I use, what they should look like before and after cooking, and when to add different ingredients. All things that are tricky to explain. I thought what better way to share with you the exact details of how to make zoats like mine than with a quick video!
I’ve taken you from start to Instagram-worthy finish with this video so you can see just how simple it is to make a pretty and healthy breakfast each day. Healthy eating really does not need to be complicated or hard, and doesn’t need to take a lot of time. This recipe takes me about 5-7 minutes in total, during which time I have also prepared my son’s breakfast and my all-important coffee.
This how to make zoats video shares with you my most basic zoats recipe, and then the superfoods you can choose to add if you want to. The recipe is dairy free and suitable for vegetarians and vegans. However, if you prefer a dairy-based protein or dairy milk then you can substitute.
The full list of ingredients I used for this recipe:
- 30g organic quick oats (or rolled oats soaked overnight in water);
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- ¼ zucchini, finely grated
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup filtered water
- Optional: ½ tsp Maca powder
- Optional: 2 tsp cacao powder
- Optional: 2 tsp Vegan protein powder
- Optional: stevia to taste
- Top with fresh fruit, cacao nibs and gogi berries, or your favourite toppings
- See video for detailed instructions.
Have you made my zoats? What do you think?